Claws is an American comedy-drama television series that premiered on TNT on June 11, 2017. This series is a midnight-dark, wickedly funny meditation on female badness set in a South Florida nail salon. It follows the rise of five diverse and treacherous manicurists working at the Nail Artisan of Manatee County salon, where there is a lot more going on than silk wraps and pedicures. Claws is about good women caught in bad places with worse men. It's the story of hardworking women trying to get by in this economy, set against the surreal, bright, gritty landscape of Florida and the luscious, absurd, extreme excesses of the crime world.
On July 12, 2017, TNT is renewing for second season, which premiered on June 10, 2018. On July 2, 2018, it was announced for a renewed third season.
At the center is salon owner Desna (Nash), who lives with and cares for her mentally ill twin brother, Dean (Perrineau). Desna’s staff includes best friend Jennifer (Lyon), a tenuously sober ex-party girl raising two children from previous relationships; Quiet Ann (Reyes), Desna’s enigmatic driver who also provides security for the salon; Polly (Preston), a mild-mannered preppy who recently served time in prison for identity theft; and Virginia (Tran), who makes no effort to hide her boredom and impatience with her job. Adding chaos to the Nail Artisan mix is Roller (Kesy), a gangstered-out redneck who runs a barely legal pain clinic and uses Desna’s nail salon to launder the obscene profits; Bryce (Rankin), Jennifer’s husband who is also newly sober and trying to stay legit by working as an abundance coach; and Dr. Ken Brickman (Antoon), a bona fide doctor at a decidedly un-bona fide and illegal drug clinic.
One year after laudering money for the Dixie Mafia, the women of Nail Artisan of Manatee County strive to move away from the crime and migrate to a nail salon in Sarasota. Gifted less than promised and done with the neglect of her partner, Desna Simms lead her crew in a spiral to cover her tracks and burn the bridge to Uncle Daddy.
To be added
Main Cast Edit
- Niecy Nash as Desna Simms (Season 1-2)
- Karrueche Tran as Virginia Loc (Season 1-2)
- Carrie Preston as Polly Marks (Season 1-2)
- Dean Norris as Clay Husser (Season 1-2)
- Jenn Lyon as Jennifer Husser (Season 1-2)
- Judy Reyes as Annalisa Zayas (Season 1-2)
- Jack Kesy as Roller Husser (Season 1-2)
- Jason Antoon as Dr. Kenneth Brickman (Season 1-2)
- Suleka Mathew as Arlene Branch (Season 2, recur Season 1)
- Jimmy Jean-Louis as Dr. Gregory Ruval† (Season 2, recur Season 1)
- Kevin Rankin as Bryce Husser (Season 1-2)
- Harold Perrineau as Dean Simms (Season 1)
- Dale Dickey as Juanda Husser† (Season 1)
- Evan Daigle as Toby (Season 1-2)
- Christina Moore as Mandy Heiser (Season 1-2)
- Elvis Nolasco as Chip Lauderdale† (Season 1-2)
- Andrea Sooch as Riva† (Season 1-2)
- Hunter Burke as Hank Gluck† (Season 1-2)
- Franka Potente as Zlata Ostrovsky† (Season 2)
- Sheryl Lee Ralph as Matilde Ruval† (Season 2)
- Sherry Cola as Special Agent Lucy Chen (Season 2)
The series was originally ordered and planned to be a half-hour, single camera comedy for HBO on December 13, 2016. The production was picked up by TNT, given a season with 10 episodes and plotted as a comedy-drama television series.